In this episode, I walk you through some for getting started with your church website, or that next big re-design. This is good preparation regardless if you are using internal resources, or an external team to build your website. These steps do not need to be accomplished in this order, but this is what I consider to be the most efficient with the least amount of re-work.
The list of topics is:
- Examine church goals
- Connect goals to your website
- Scale to your needs
- Design to meet your goals
- Create a Content Strategy Document
- Investigate colors, photography, art, and typography
Action Item: If your church’s website needs to be created or updated, start at the beginning I mentioned; your church's goals. Move through the various steps I mentioned so you can create the foundation your team or external agency requires to move forward. Please understand that this planning will save you re-work later in the project. Prayerfully moving forward will ensure you are covering your bases and making a website that meets your church's goals and helping the kingdom advance.
- This episode was heavily inspired by my article "Starting your Church’s Website (Part 1): Clueless to Colors"