Forgiveness of sin by faith in Jesus is an essential foundation of Christianity. Some non-believers think they have sinned too much to be a Christian. Yet this is not the only obstacle they face. A staggering number of men and women feel they cannot have a relationship with God because of sins committed against them. Websites need to not only address how we can be cleansed of the sins we commit, but also the heavy baggage of shame for those committed against us.
- Using testimonials to encourage others
- Demonstrate that group counseling is available and the results seen from it
- Offer one-on-one counseling for those who are still shy about sharing
As you can see, you can easily call attention to how your church can lead people to a spiritual healing and renewed relationship in Christ. Display the results, provide channels for connecting with both group and private counseling, and stress how Jesus removes all of our unrighteousness:
1 John 1:9
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
- My article "A Website that Deals with Sin and Shame"
- Pastor Mark Driscol’s sermon, "Grace and Disgrace"