Communicating on social media platforms is like talking. If your conversations do not have a purpose, are not engaging, or are just plain boring; you soon will not have anyone to talk to. To keep your audience engaged, be purposeful with all your social media posts. Continue to listen for several ways you can engage them!
- Adding calls to action to share your content
- Ask open-ended questions to start conversations
- Do not shy away from the occasional ask for financial support
- Use testimonials and links to forms to boost volunteer responses
Have a clear and understandable purpose with each interaction you post on social media sites. Be sure to ask your audience to do something so you are not only pushing out information, but pressing them to engage with your brand. Finally, put someone in charge of monitoring and responding to these social media interactions. Curate those responses and enjoy the benefit of engaging with an international audience.
Referenced Articles and Links
- My article "Have a Purpose on Social Media"
- CWS Podcast - Ep. 46: Landing Pages and Your Church
- My article "Landing Pages and Your Church"